Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SPOTLIGHT: Arnel de Pano


SPOTLIGHT: An Online interview with NATHANIEL ARNEL DE PANO

1.    Who is Arnel de Pano?

Simpleng mamayan ng Diyos, butihing anak, asawa, ama.

2.    Who are the most important people in your life?

My family no doubt.

3.    Who are the people who have influenced you the most to become the person you are today?

First and foremost, I owe who I am today to my parents and my siblings. Secondly, to two pastors who shaped my ministry – Rev. Dave Rodriguez and Rev. Simeon Latonero. Thirdly, to Kamuning First United Methodist Church and Papuri for my music; and my family of four, my little heaven on earth – they are the reason why my life is meaningful and important.

4.    What is your current work and/or ministry involvement?

Music director and lay leader of Kamuning First UMC.

5.    Please describe to us your spiritual journey.

I'm a fourth generation Methodist, and I've been blessed with having been brought up by God-fearing Christian parents.  Always been active in church since childhood, and owe my children's choir director for leading me into my personal relationship with the Lord.

6.    What is your “life verse” or the most meaningful verse in the Bible for you?

I always sign with my life verse, Philippians 4:6-7. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

7.    What are your basic personal philosophies or principles that generally guide your decision-making?

Nowadays, it is what pleases God, and what is most helpful and beneficial to my family.

8.    Among all the achievements that the Lord has allowed you to accomplish, what is the most meaningful to you?

My musical accomplishments will always be second to what I've become as a son, husband and father.

9.    Please share with us a significant moment in your life that served as a turning point in your work and/or ministry.

My life-changing event happened in 1978-79 when I went to the USA as an exchange student.  My worldview changed; my faith gained new perspective; my music ministry began in earnest, and my person changed for the better forever.

10.    What are the dreams and visions in your heart that you have not fulfilled yet?

More music left to write, and more development in my person as a family man.

11.    What is the most valuable lesson you learned in all your years as a child of God?

That I owe everything to the grace of God.

12.    What is the most valuable lesson you learned in all your years as a servant or minister in God’s kingdom?

That God honors your availability, then provides everything you need to accomplish His ordained task for you.

13.    How would you like our friends and the readers of this blog to pray for you?

For GOD to continue His outpouring of grace and mercies every day for me, my family, my church and community.

14.    At the end of your life on earth, how would you like to be remembered?

A God-loving and God-fearing son, husband and father; a servant-musician for the Lord.

15.    And finally, if you could speak briefly to every Filipino, what would be your message to them?

That God loves each one of us uniquely and has a special plan just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment